Happy New Year ! ~
2016 had been a rather happening year for me. Although most years seems to fly by without much to remember, 2016 was definitely different. A year filled with lots of challenges and hardships that brought growth. As much as there were many hardships and misery, there were also happy and exciting times that I’ll remember.
There’s a saying that say you can only understand happiness if you understand what it’s like to be sad and vice versa. If there was something that I’ve learnt in 2016, it’s definitely appreciation. I hope to continue learning and achieving greater heights in 2017 !
Here’s a mini flashback of what happened in 2016 ~
- My Mom passed away. I remember visiting the hospital everyday and eating hospital food. Somehow, it was a time when all of our family members gathered together. Although it was a depressing time, there were many good memories. Thanks for all the support from my family and friends.
- I quit law school. It was a decision made without much consideration. At that time, I think I didn’t really have the energy to think much about my education. Business was running and YOU HAVE TO SMILE BIG AND WIDE when you do business so my face was constantly fighting with my heart. It was a decision I still regret sometimes when I look back. I missed the place. It was a warm place filled with love and support. Always in my heart.
- I came to Singapore to pursue Fashion. To be honest, it wasn’t totally my decision although I loved art since I was young. I had the kind of mentality that pursuing art was crazy and stupid so I was really hesitant about it. Even so, friends and family were really supportive about it and even my dad said I could. At that point, I only chose this path because I thought my family would move over to Singapore and we all would be united again. Many things happened then and sometimes I regret here and there but ultimately, I think it was really an enjoyable journey so far. Thank you CK for this!~
- 天下无不散之筵席. All good things must come to an end. As the proverb explains, even if a feast were to last for a thousand years, it will come to an end someday. And although everything was as pleasant as possible, it eventually came to an end. It was the hardest phase of my life being alone and helpless. I think its horrible when the people who told you they would be there for you turned their backs on you and that was what happened. I am going to leave this behind so I will no longer think or talk about it. All in all, it was a bittersweet memory worth remembering. I made good friends here that I hope will stay for a long time. At this period of time, when my family turned their backs on me, there were many wonderful people who open their doors to me. My friends were always listening to my rants. My colleagues were warm and caring. I went to my first nightlife adventure ever and had lots of fun time. Thank you for everything ~
- I took the courage to move out. I finally decided to be independent and moved out with the help of a church friend. The reason I moved out was because it became really suffocating and lonely. No one talked or bothered about me and I felt like it was even worse that being invisible because then they would just talk behind me and most of the time, I could hear mostly everything. It was really far from work and school as well. And I am a really messy and forgetful person so its probably best for me to not live with people.
- I quit my job. There isn’t much to say about this but I really did like my job despite some incidents and all. It was rather memorable just that its really time consuming and inconvenient.
- I started business.
- I started drawing and investing time in my interest
- I learnt a lot of new things which probably isn’t really necessary to list everything down but basically, I learnt about myself. 2016 was a journey of battling with myself. It was tough but in the end, I finally accepted the path that I’ve chosen and decided to work towards it. No more regrets! No more Ifs or Buts.
As I’ve accepted this path that I’ve chosen, I hope to walk into 2017 with positivity and courage. Let it be another eventful year.
My resolution for 2017 would be to live life without limitations and hesitations. To learn and do many new things and be more kind and brave.
Surprisingly, I am really excited and hopeful for 2017!~ ❤
Happy New Year Everyone!~ Be Blessed ~